The focus of age group swimming has to be based on the following in order for age group athletes to make the step into elite senior swimming.
- Good methodology
- Stroke technique
- Proper training instruction
- Core strength
- Good preparation
This is the period that also provides the participants with valuable life skills such as goal setting, discipline, friendship and belonging, teamwork and, the most obvious benefit, the ability to potentially save one’s own life or others if difficulties are encountered in an aquatic environment.
We need coaches and teams who believe in this as strongly as we do that are willing to work to maximize the potential of age group swimmers around the world.
WE HOPE you will join us on our journey and join the NATIONAL AGE GROUP SWIMMING ASSOCIATION.
The International Swim Coaches Association (ISCA) is a body of professionalism and resource engine for swimming coaches and teachers in the United States and across the world.
ISCA is a not for profit corporation with a wide array of objectives in the realm of aquatic education and sport.
From helping with building pools and learn to swim foundations, to educational curriculum for professional coaches and top tier competitive swimming event hosting, ISCA is constantly on the forefront of advocacy for everything aquatics and swimming related.
The International Swim Coaches Association (ISCA) is dedicated to developing an international network of professional coaches that will set the standard for promoting and fostering excellence in teaching, coaching, and protecting the future interests for our profession and our families.
ISCA is dedicated to creating professional opportunities in addition to enhancing the knowledge of our professionals to superior levels of expertise.
One of the greatest assets of ISCA will be the powerful collective voice by which communication, and cooperation is of exceptional standards.
• ISCA believes in a culture of knowledge, sharing and cooperation among our coaches.
• ISCA means to support, and foster continuing partnerships among the international, national, as well as state swimming organizations in order to advance, promote and contribute to the growth of our sport in addition to enhancing a more positive image of swimming worldwide.
• ISCA aims to lead the world sports arena in demonstrating professional integrity, work ethic, enthusiasm, as well as passion. We will create superior ethical standards for professional conduct, to include member protection policies in which all of our coaches will be measured.
• ISCA believes that every athlete should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential both academically and athletically. In order to attain this goal every individual will receive instruction that is based upon the best leading principles of technique, sports science and psychology, while encouraging constant academic growth.
• ISCA is committed to the growth and prosperity of swimming as an essential life skill component of health, fitness and as a competitive sport. With this in mind, we will partner with organizations that have similar views and beliefs.